Page 16 of 305 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #151
    Inactive Member SmellyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like to write a review about Final Fantasy X when I have finished it.
    The game is more difficult in certain places than I expected.
    I actually am walking back a long way now to gather more experience.
    I have no chance to survive against Seymour in the mountains.

  2. #152
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT SC "I have no chance to survive": Make your time.

    LOL (Zero Wing)

  3. #153
    Inactive Member PhoenixKingSizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought the "old school" version of Resident Evil 1 and Silent Hill 1. I'm holding off on playing them till this weekend =P

    Right now I'm playing Resident Evil 2. I don't know why, but hearing Leon utter the words "No one is listening to me!" over and over never ceases to amuse me =)

  4. #154
    Inactive Member Shiinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    776
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very busy with WC3 The Frozen Throne. I got me the destroyer icon today. ^^

  5. #155
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    wow, cool! What's your name on it?

  6. #156
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got me the Grandia II PC version, and i'm playing it... It's a really poor conversion! sound is botched in some places (for not to say that it can't mix more than 2 sounds, like the music and running water!)

    I'm playing it with very low memory (only 64 Megs) and with a somewhat slow Graphic Card. So the game isn't half as good as the DC version. Some graphics are messed (the Diggin' spell). The video spells runs WAAAAAY too fast, and the sound is slown down.

    The Fallen Wings spell is totally messed at the end. and it is very poorly mixed with the in-game screens

    I can't run it at 640x480! i only can run it at 800x600 or 1024x768 (??)

    The graphics of the cities (liligue so far) seems to be fidedign to the original, but, due to my graphics card, runs somewhat slow...still, it manages to keep a very decent framerate (at least, it doesn't have slowdowns very often...)And the textures seems to be same res as DC

    To sum up... it can be played, but it is quite poor in some aspects that DC did pretty decently (Sound, mainly).

  7. #157
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It has many other problems...

    - The nice specular hilighting of the Dreamcast is gone
    - Shadows are glitched with some graphic cards like the Riva TNT 2
    - The game doesn't control sound volumes, so if you get near a fountain the music will stop playing, sound FX sounds way too loud, music doesn't go quietter when characters talk, etc. It has to be the poorest sound mixer ever programmed in the last 5 years. Which leads me to the question of why, because DirectSound alreay does this for you.
    - It has other bugs, even in the configuration program. (*) Your 640x480 problem might be related to this.

    (*): They probably opened the configuration file with fopen and mode "w+", instead of "wb+", which would be the correct thing on MS-DOS and Windows, so when it has to write a 0A byte (for the J key), it actually writes 0D0A, and the game crashes on load. To fix it, edit the file with something like EDIT.COM /78 and delete the 0D byte; or use an hex editor to hack the B key or something you know into 0A for J, if you want to use that key. Oh and I think there's a key (A key? I don't remember) which cannot be changed (the config program doesn't even let you see it). The key serves as the X button in the Dreamcast during combats.

  8. #158
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's not that it crash, but the graphics aren't seen correctly. Garbage, half polygons... such as if the game screen was incorrectly drawn... bt at 800x600 or 1024... it runs... not very smooth, but runs...

  9. #159
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am currently playing Final Fantasy Tactics. Its the only FF i havent beaten (its very difficult), so im putting all my other games on hold.

  10. #160
    Inactive Member Shiinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    776
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    goinmyway

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •